After several weeks of discussions, the Ruck Science team is pleased to announce a new partnership with one of the most successful women’s college rugby programs. The UARK women’s rugby club have signed up for our sponsorship program and will begin receiving donations in March of 2017. We look forward to helping grow their club and seeing them be successful both on and off the field. Please continue reading to see the specifics of the deal and how it will help to grow the game of rugby at the University of Arkansas.
There was a previous iteration of the women’s rugby club at the University of Arkansas. However, due to lack of membership, it stopped competing in the mid 2000s. In 2012, a group of senior students revived the current club and began playing competitive games again for the first time in several years.
From there, the club has gone from strength to strength. The 2015 and 2016 seasons were the most successful in recent history. Here’s a brief rundown of their recent success at UARK:
- 1st place Champions of the Mardi Gras Tournament
- Ranked #13 in the Nation in the DII Division
- Mid-America Champions
- National Tournament Qualifiers
- Elite 8 Qualifiers
- Undefeated in Fall Competitive Season
- Ranked 16th in the nation in D2 standings
- Heart of America Regional Champions
- Qualified for DII USA Rugby Nationals (Sweet Sixteen Tournament in Iowa)
Watch them in action
We couldn’t find a full game. But here are a couple of highlights from a match against John Brown University last year.
This partnership means that the UARK women’s rugby program will have an official nutrition sponsor for the 2017 rugby season and beyond. Unlike a traditional sporting sponsorship, the UARK women’s rugby program will have $0 in setup costs. No banners, signs or printing costs. It’s much simpler than that. For every order placed on ruckscience.com that uses the coupon code UARKWOMEN at checkout, Ruck Science will donate up to 20% of the value of the order straight to the club. Payments will be made monthly via PayPal. Ruck Science will also provide a series of sample products to get the girls going!
Play with UARK
Spring 2017 Practice schedule: Monday/ Wednesday 7:30 pm- 9:30 pm
Support UARK women’s rugby
There’s two very easy ways to do this. Firstly, you can give directly to the club using this link. Designate your donation to the 'College of Education and Health Professions' and in the 'Comments' field, please indicate that you wish to donate to the Women's Rugby Club.
Secondly, you can make a purchase on ruckscience.com and designate UARK Women’s to receive a donation for up to 20% of the value of your order.
Here’s the best way to get started:
- Sign up for Rucks (our rewards program) and you’ll get $5 to spend before your first purchase.
- Try our sample stack of 4 custom supplement blends in a handy carrying case
- Enter UARKWOMEN as your coupon code at checkout to get 50% off your first purchase
- Tell a friend about Ruck Science? Use your Rewards link and you’ll BOTH get $20 to spend on their website.