Looking for a career in rugby? Ruck Science has big plans for the future and we’d like you to be a part of it. We are currently seeking applicants for the positions listed below. Can’t find something that suits you? No problem. If you share our passion and commitment to rugby, please get in touch anyway and we may just create a position specially for you.
Ruck Science is a fast-growing business, focused on providing rugby players across the country with the highest quality nutritional supplements on the market. We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic person who is excited about giving rugby players access to amazing online content to help them improve as players, coaches and people. The ruckscience.com team is looking for a results-focused content specialist to drive unique content and innovative merchandising initiatives for existing and new categories in the nutrition and training arenas. Our new content manager will create and manage content for ruckscience.com, including customer experiences, product pages, merchandising, and essential product attribute info.
Success in this role requires seeing the big picture, defining ambitious plans and goals, diving into and unifying the data, building programs and processes to scale, and then rolling up your sleeves and executing in a rapidly changing environment. The candidate must be an independent, creative problem-solver with a great “voice” and editorial eye, and be able to lead multiple projects simultaneously while managing competing deadlines. The candidate must also have proven data analysis skills and success increasing product discovery and adoption of new products in a crowded environment -as well as be a passionate advocate for rugby players, their on-site experience, and their ongoing interaction with us.
The Content Manager’s primary responsibilities include:
- Ensuring thorough and authoritative custom product content for the entire product line, including compelling product information, detailed nutritional and allergen information, and clear, concise product descriptions and titles–as well as best-in-class editorial content, photography, and video.
- Establishing content for the brand, including landing pages, browse structures, search indexes, promotional and merchandising strategies.
- Creating, writing, reviewing, scheduling, and optimizing product website content using an array of tools.
Testing and conducting in-depth analyses on various approaches to messaging, presentation, and traffic driving; using data to identify and improve those which drive the greatest increase in acquisition, engagement, and growth for our products, and reporting back to the business on improvements and recommendations.
- Developing ongoing processes and merchandising strategies for new and customized user experiences.
- Helping define and develop tools for scale and automation, both customer-facing and for internal use.
- Constantly doing gap and market analysis to identify opportunities for product promotion and sales.
- Play rugby
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in online content management, merchandising and/or marketing
- Experience using web and marketing metrics to gauge trends, evaluate content, and drive decisions
- Experience with Excel and other data analysis tools
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience leading cross-functional projects across categories or other departments
- Experience creating assets using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
Basic HTML and XML
- Experience with photography and video production
- Ability to define and successfully deliver complex projects with superior ROI—from business case development through deployment
As a Senior PHP developer, you will be a significant contributor to our development team, helping innovate functionality within the Ruck Science website and future sales channels. You will also help us evolve our back-end code into a language-agnostic REST/JSON-based micro-services model, develop our next generation of internal & external APIs, and expand our in-app functionality with new payment processing integrations and features to help our customers manage and run their restaurants with ease.
- Play rugby
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- 4+ years of overall test-driven development experience and industry standards.
- Extremely proficient with PHP, OOP & MVC principles, architectural design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of MVC frameworks: Symphony, Zend, Laravel, CakePHP, etc.
- Proven experience with data validation, form submission & processing, and performance tuning.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs, JSON, and multi-threaded web services.
- Strong experience with MySQL; building complex queries, stored procedures, and schema designs.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Apache web technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment, along with JIRA, Bitbucket, Slack, and Git.
- Strong written and technical communication skills.
- Familiar with Payment Gateways, credit card processing systems like Auth.net are a plus.
- Familiarity with iOS, Objective C, or Swift development is a plus.
If you’ve got vision, drive, and a roll-up your sleeves attitude, you’ll fit right in. We’re self-starters who are passionate and enthusiastic about we do. Our culture is high output and low drama—doing great work, constantly improving and celebrating our success. Ask around, you’ll find that many people want to be part of a team like ours. The Ruck Science team is inventing new technology solutions that are both elegant and scalable, and if that fires you up, get in touch with us.