Over the Christmas break, our primary warehousing facility moved to Northern Michigan, which is excellent new for our latest college rugby club partners (and every other rugby club in Michigan for that matter). As of March 1st, the Davenport University Panthers Men’s Rugby Club will be powered by Ruck Science’s nutrition products.
This new partnership comes just a few weeks before the boys start the spring-phase of their 2017 rugby season. They have a critical clash with Clemson coming up on the 25th in February for which they’ll have to travel to South Carolina. Good luck guys, we’re thrilled to be supporting such an awesome college team and look forward to many years of shared success!
About the DU Panthers
The DU Panthers currently compete in the Division 1-A of men’s college rugby. The team play their home games on the Davenport University turf fields, usually on Saturdays. The Division 1-A competition is governed by USA Rugby but is not currently in league with the NCAA. Despite that however, the men’s rugby program at Davenport is a Varsity sport and has been since the club played their first games in 2009. The team is currently in the midst of a winning season with a record of 5-1 and a 4 game win streak in the works. Click here to see their standings and schedule for 2017.
How to support the Panthers
- Donate directly – as we explained earlier, the boys are training indoors for the next few weeks, and that stuff ain’t free! If you can, please make a small (or large) donation to help them pay for training facilities and more.
- Get some sweet swag – the Panthers’ online store has a bunch of cool merchandise provided by Victory Apparel. Just ask one of the boys for the login details.
Want to see the Panthers in action?
Here’s a full game they played at the end of last year. Some of the players in this game have since graduated, but it gives you an excellent look at the quality of the rugby they’re playing.
Playing for the Panthers
The Panthers do something that more rugby clubs should consider best-practice for recruiting. They have an exceptionally-detailed recruitment form on their website which you can find here if you’re interested in playing. Note that it asks potential players simple things like their the size of shorts they wear and for a link to the recruit’s Facebook profile. This kind of basic info is incredibly useful for planning and communication purposes. Well done guys! It would be great to see more clubs provide forms like this rather than just a contact email or phone number.
Getting started with Ruck Science
A couple things to keep in mind if you want to try our supplements and compare us to other manufacturers:
- Sign up for an account on our website for $10 off your first purchase.
- Use coupon code DUPanthers and you’ll get an additional $10 off
- Review our products – and earn $5 for every review.