Rugby clubs in the United States come in all shapes, sizes, and formats, and no one partnership or sponsorship model works for all. While some D1, PRP, and ARP organizations can easily prove their value to prospective sponsors, smaller and newer clubs find it difficult to establish and maintain long-term sponsorship agreements. The Ruck Science sponsorship program is designed to give every club in the country a way to leverage the buying power of its members. How do we do this? By creating products for rugby players and giving the profits to rugby clubs.
As the Ruck Science, Club Partnerships Manager you will be responsible for working with American rugby clubs to help them implement appropriate aspects of our sponsorship program. You'll manage the new partnership creation process and work directly with club managers to familiarize them with our nutrition and recovery products. Additionally, you thrive in a collaborative and team-based environment, working closely with our founders and shareholders to improve our process and the value we provide to partnered clubs.
Ideally, you will have strict attention to detail, be highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded, persistent and collaborative, with a passion for and understanding of amateur Rugby. Being a solid 6'4'' tight-head prop wouldn't hurt either.
- Co-ordinate with club managers and website admins to receive files and content
- Respond via email to requests for additional information about the program
- Manage database of partnered clubs and cross reference with USA Rugby CMS list
- Provide support to club managers as they collate documents and files
- Send introductory email newsletters
- Write press releases announcing partnerships
- Oversee implementation of 8-step partnership process by the club
- Testing our products in the gym and on the rugby field
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Two years of digital marketing experience
- Two years of experience in customer service role or equivalent
- BA/BS in Journalism, English or Digital Marketing
- Experience in negotiating commercial agreements
- Experience in analytical skills and the ability to manage ambiguity
Skills and Software knowledge:
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Email Marketing tools (Mailchimp)
- CRMs (Hubspot)
- Online Ads platforms (Facebook, Adwords, Instagram)
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with your current resume and a brief email explaining your playing history and interest in Ruck Science. Thanks very much for your consideration.